2011年3月3日星期四

ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT


The quiz is based on national consumption averages and is meant to give our an idea of our ecological footprint relative to other people in the country we live in.

That's amazing when i see my result! If everyone on the planet lived my lifestyle, we would need 3.9 earths. The next bar graph suprised me more than my result, because every statistic of my result is lower than the country average. I can not imagine how many earths are needed if it is counted as country average. Must more than 10!!

From this short quiz we can easily realize that protecting our earth can from many details like when we buy clothing or paper products, it is better to select items labeled as recycled, natural, organic, or made of alternative fibers such as hemp or Tencel. We should know more about energy and water features and should have energy and water saving habits... 

As a designer, I might think more about the environment when I do design. Saving more energy, saving more materials, making the product possible to be recycled but still practical, innovative, aesthetic. I know it is hard, but just try it. 


没有评论:

发表评论